Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Hesta Prynn In Civil Shepherd / Bird of Youth @ Mercury Lounge



April 16, 2009

It's the second time around for me with Bird of Youth. As I found out tonight, this was their sixth show ever. When I saw them open for A.C. Newman, it was their second show ever. That means's I've seen 33.3% of their shows.

Anyway, even though the band is still finding their way, I liked them more the second time around. They are going along the lines of a more Austin-ized version of Wilco. You'll find some twangy elements that I enjoyed in-between Beth Wawerna vocals. Their debut album, which will find its way in out our ears sometime this year, was produced by Will Sheff. You can hear that Okkervil River sound in Bird of Youth especially in the tune "The Great Defender".

I'm keeping my eye on them, I'm getting good vibes.

No comments:

Post a Comment